This position is responsible for the effective management of projects, leveraging extensive knowledge of construction management principles and demonstrated mastery of communication and workflow coordination. Execute strategically coordinated procedures to ensure successful and timely delivery. Maintain timely and accurate reporting to management.
Principal Duties and Required Skills:
- Support the field and ensure they have all the tools, materials, equipment, and information they need to build the project.
- Review contract conditions; ensure project and team compliance with all contract terms.
- Help Negotiate cost-effective subcontract and material purchases.
- Monitor Material orders, including tracking, delivery and stocking.
- Manage all financial aspects of the contract and accurately project final costs at every point in the project.
- Coordinate with NGI field and BIM divisions to deliver required project design.
- Establish and implement job procedures, techniques and document controls to assure timely buyout, shop drawing approval, material delivery and flow of project information.
- Create and manage QC reports with info from field.
- Coordinate preparation of front-end documents with Safety Manager including but not limited to: AHA., IIIP's Safety Manuals, QAQC Program.
- Supervise documentation of all significant project events, e.g., accidents, delays, Change Orders.
- Prepare submittals.
- Review and price all project cost/impact events.
- Excel in communication at all levels to develop and maintain good relationship with Owner, Architect and Subcontractors.
- Manage, train, and supervise project team, including managing and coordinating work for Project Engineers.
- Facilitate regular meetings for management and subcontractors.
- Monitor/participate in preconstruction services and activities as required.
- Avoid or mitigate claims and conflict.
- Complete all job close-out procedures.
- Conduct warranty follow-up.
- Attend seminars / educational training programs as required.
- Coordinate mobilization, trailer and utility set-up.
- Verify or retake-off estimates to prepare a working budget for the project based on value engineering, actual construction methods and actual quantities specific to the projects.
- Coordinate Kick-Off and or Job Start meeting.
- Evaluate, man load, coordinate and monitor project construction schedules, including manpower schedules.
- Walk the project weekly with field leader(s) to review progress, track productions, observe safety, and identify/remove obstacles.
- Prepare monthly billings and manage the cash flow of the project.
- Review job costs on weekly basis or as needed.
- Attend and participate project action meetings as required
- Prepare front loaded schedule of values prior to activities being charged to the project.
- Negotiate Change Orders for a favorable result to NGI.
- Lead in the development of construction project schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or 3+ years of progressive experience in the drywall trade preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of commercial construction principles, techniques, and procedures
- Ability to read architectural plans and specifications
- Ability to effectively present information in oral, written and graphic form
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, staff, and stakeholders
- Engineering, Construction Management, or Architectural Degree, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and evaluating information
- Demonstrate mastery of project and time management
- Ability to coach/mentor/train
- Work in fast paced/noisy work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to establish processes where no precedent or guidelines exist