This position is responsible for a variety of day-to-day tasks related to the successful operation of the Estimating department. In addition to projecting construction, Senior Estimators assist with training, coaching, and professional development of Estimators and Junior Estimators. Can review work of junior colleagues and can submit proposals in the absence of Director of Estimating. Successful candidate will be able to exercise discretion and mature judgment to respond to issues and recommend best practices throughout bid process.
Principal Duties and Required Skills:
• Apply advanced level knowledge of OST & QB program
• Read and interpret specifications and apply to pricing effort.
• Maintain advanced ability to estimate a variety of projects and scopes of work with high degree of precision.
• Demonstrates advanced level understanding of appropriate production rates based on specific project conditions.
• Execute all aspects of the bidding process independently prior to bid review.
• Consistently meet bid deadlines.
• Maintains advanced level understanding of necessary qualifications and exclusions in any bid proposal.
• Applies innovative approach and creative strategy how to best position NGi to land the work.
• Effectively and consistently communicates our company approach & position on a variety of issues.
• Advanced knowledge of all materials and systems related to the scopes of work we cover.
• Proof own work product and minimizes mistakes.
• Mentor and develop team members.
• Evaluate subcontractor proposals and scopes of work.
• Execute design build estimates from a variety of formats. (B.O.D., RFP, etc).
• Monitor progress of awarded projects during construction until complete.
• Other duties as assigned.
l. Approx. 5+ years of industry experience as an estimator preferred.
2. Experience with Quick Bid & On-Screen Take-Off estimating software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Advanced knowledge of Metal Studs, Drywall, Taping, Lath & Plasters, EIFS.
2. Advanced understanding of bid process.
3. Advanced knowledge of industry specific regulations.
4. Ability to review contracts for scope and bid amount accuracies as well as qualifications.
5. Work in fast paced/noisy work environment.
6. Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Your application was submitted successfully.