Director of Marketing
As Director of Marketing, you are responsible for the company’s marketing and communications strategies, as well as overall branding and image. Preparation of annual marketing plans, creating a calendar of campaigns and events, setting the marketing budget and analysis of the market and competitors. Guide the marketing department, including the work of marketing managers.
- Plan and execute a marketing strategy for the organization and for new and existing products or services.
- Oversee the implementation of the marketing strategy.
- Develop a brand strategy.
- Set and administer an annual marketing budget.
- Create and arrange a calendar of events such as webinars, Markets, Design events, etc.
- Guide the day-to-day activities for the marketing team and marketing manager.
- Continually review changes to the market, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting the marketing plan in necessary.
- Provide tools and materials to enable the sales team to function effectively.
- Manage and refine the organization’s social media presence.
- Participate in the development of branding and corporate identity initiatives.
- Manage and measure marketing campaign costs.
- Report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns using pre-determined KPIs.
- Utilize data for marketing campaigns, interrogating the organization’s databases and external data.
- Develop sales forecasting and product brandings plans.
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Conduct market research studies.
- Work with new business development team and sales teams on brand initiatives.
- Negotiate with media agencies and secure agreements on the production of promotional materials.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILL
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing.
- 5-10 years of management experience with Marketing Departments.
- Strong project management skills coupled with a track record of innovative thinking and tactical creative development.
- Proficient communication skills
- A proven track record of evaluating the competitive landscape that has led to “break-away” marketplace separation.
- Strong interpretive skills with the ability to discern needs and opportunities that can be woven into creative and innovative marketing possibilities
- Great attention to detail and the ability to clearly assess a broad range of strategic and fiscal options.
- Strong people management skills – overseeing the day-to-day operations including recruiting, supervising, and mentoring members of the marketing team.
- A proven track record in determining the need for and management of outside vendors.
- A proven track record in financial and media metric analytics that specifically can be used to determine in house vs. outside development options that are fiscally beneficial.
- A history of “out of the box” thinking with proven results.
- Strong data analysis skills – much of the analysis is done by drilling down the data around customer behavior and experiences. Including experience with outside best in class analytic measurement vendors.
- Has created and directed marketing campaigns that have utilized all aspects of creative development for print, digital, film and other forms of production, execution and deployment.
- Has in-depth experience and a proven track record in media placement that has measurable results.